Pages

Friday, October 2, 2015

I Am....


I am a receptionist
 

 
Someone asked me the other day if I was happy doing what I do. They know I didn't
finish college (finally let that go, done with trying I don't really want to go),
and think I couldn't possibly be content doing this kind of job. That didn't I want
more status, a bigger paycheck, more prestige?

I stopped and stared at them and said...

I could spend a lifetime in some beat job where I cringed daily going in to work. I
could do the corporate thing, or even achieve more money. But I'm not fueled by any
of that. Of course money is important, we have bills to pay, savings, rent, etc. But I took the DISC test many times and in that it revealed I am don't give a rats butt about money. While it is important to have that, it is not what makes up me at all. It is unimportant to me because when I stand before the Lord He isn't going to ask me how much money I made or even pull out a ledger of that either. He wants to know my heart and what I spent my life time doing with it.

I saw myself as a young girl.. Where everyone wanted to play school or teacher, but
not me. I had a desk. A phone, stapler, tape dispenser, and other fun stuff too. It
was there I wasn't playing teacher.. I was a secretary. My mom once told me I couldn't
aspire to be a secretary, that people don't do that as a profession or go to school
for that.  And I listened to her... I went through 4 years of elementary education
to become a teacher. I listened to her and everyone else instead of my heart. My
heart wasn't in teaching and while I do not regret that time, I wasted it not really
listening to it.

You see, I believe in this (my) lifetime I'm supposed to be doing what I love (Delight yourself in the LORD;
         And He will give you the desires of your heart -Psalm 37:4). And I'm comfortable in that. I am okay in it.

Don't waste away when you get to the end of your life and wished you had done
something you loved instead of something that looks good on your resume or made you
a lot of money (no offense to anyone who chooses this path, my thoughts are just to
look within and do what makes you happy. If it's money or a fancy resume then go get
it just be fueled by the right reason).

So yes, person who asked.. I am content. I couldn't ever been a teacher, but this...
Yeah this is me and my heart!

Are you doing what you love? If not, go do it right now. Listen to your heart.
It is never too late.
e.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww..... good for you! I hate my job and every day it pains me to have to go to it each day! I hope you continue to truly enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete