Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2015

You've Lost That Loving Feelin'



First off, let me just share I didn't realize this song was that old. Funny how songs keep playin' on and fits where you need it too, when you need it too. Music is great! I dig this song.

When I was sitting here thinking, I decided to write a post about doing things we love and enjoy. I started to think about scrapbooking. The beginning of it, where its come from and where it is today. Then I started thinking about my life and how wrapped up I was in to it with all my supplies, organizational gadgets, a whole room dedicated, 30+ albums that I eventually threw away... It was a serious obsession. Life happened and I couldn't scrapbook anymore. I felt like my life was a lie and what I was portraying in my layouts wasn't all real so I stopped. Then life got decent, or so I thought and I started jumping in again, only to have it dwindle down to nothing yet again. The thing is, I just suppressed the creativity inside.

You see when life takes a turn ya just don't feel like it. It's like that piece inside of you just dies and you can't seem to make it work no matter how much organizing, re-thinking, re-doing is going to jump start it. So you walk away. That's what I did 2 times. I went from the "room" to a desk, to a smaller space, to a small desk that literally just sits there. I have dwindled down, parred down, and got rid of a bunch of supplies. I kept what I only really liked. I even organized too. And yet I still struggled. I made a few pages here and there but I wasn't in to it since life wasn't going so hot.  I just wasn't feelin' it. I lost that lovin' feeling (I know your humming it too!).

I was looking for a book for Alyssa to send in a care package to her. While I was in my secretary desk I looked up and saw this...


Project Life. Ah, I was going to start on it January 2015 and my life took a turn I did not expect. In fact, my life was in turmoil and so this cute album got put away.  Until today.  I saw it and smiled. Thinking about life as I know it in the right now, the middle of the year and what's going on. I pulled it out and stared at it.

Could I? Dare I? Should I? So I began to look up when a good time to start project life, monthly kits, how too's, suggestions, project life 101, opinions, more suggestions, rules, etc. It was overwhelming to say the least. Yet I started thinking that it may be good to document life right now. It isn't perfect, I don't know where I am going, or what I am doing but I am doing life and that's important. It's a way to journal my life. So I stopped looking at websites crammed full of cool ideas and just decided to jump in.

I've got 7 goals for it.

1. Have fun.
2. Just go with it.
3. It doesn't need to be the latest, greatest, perfect, album at all.

4. I have enough supplies.
5. I want to be real because it is my life.
6. Month to month works best for me.
7. My photos don't have to be the best, they just have to be.

That's it. First off, I dumped on to my dining table. I wasn't the least bit organized, and for now that's okay I liked it being just moment by moment kinda thing. It was SO much fun just grabbing supplies without any rhyme or reason and using them, it's been SO long!

I decided to start with this month (July. Which means my album will go from this month to July of next month and I'm okay with that!). July brought about big changes for me and my life but I kept the journaling simple this month by using bullet statements about things going on and decided to focus on my photos (all of them were taken on my iPhone 6 and printed out at home).  Here are three photos showing the complete page at a glance, the title page, and the frontal view of my first page too!






Supplies: Mambi Stickers, American Crafts album, American Crafts Thickers, Pounce Wheel, Twine, Computer font: Century Gothic/Courier New/Batang, Generic stamp Michael's $1 bin, Becky Higgins Project Life Kit materials (not sure from which one), Pebbles Inc, Zig black writer, Heidi Swapp, Corner rounder, Martha Stewart circle punch, Doodlebug Designs, Martha Stewart heart punch.

Like I said, it was SO much fun to be creative and just go with it! Hoping that it continues!

e.


No comments:

Post a Comment